The Hill Country Film Society hosts an annual fundraiser that pairs local cuisine, Texas Hill Country wine and film for a unique evening. Past events have included screenings of inspiring film with in-depth filmmaker Q&A sessions mingled with outstanding local fare, wine and beer. Proceeds from this event help fund the Hill Country Film Society’s year round programs: the Hill Country Film Festival, Indie Film Series and Film Camp.
Film Affäre | Friday – March 3, 2017
Join us for this culinary journey through film.
Tom Provost, award-winning filmmaker, Pepperdine University film professor and food blogger, takes guests on a journey exploring how we can experience food through film.
Using short clips from a wide genre of films, Tom guides guests through a process of viewing a movie through the lens of food as well as savoring food through the lens of film. Film clips and conversation are paired to a 5-course meal prepared by Executive Chef Judd Wood of Otto’s.
Film Affäre event details:
- Friday, March 3, 2017 | 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Hoffman Haus | 608 East Creek Street, Fredericksburg, Texas
- Inspired by and paired with Provost’s film inspirations – you will enjoy five small courses prepared by Chef Judd Wood of Otto’s German Bistro, Pedernales Cellars wine, and of course, film
- Proceeds benefit the Hill Country Film Society’s year-round programming: the Hill Country Film Festival, Indie Film Series and Summer Film Camp
- Tickets – $125 per person
- To reserve accommodations at Hoffman Haus, please call 830-997-6739; let them know you are booking for Film Affäre to receive a discounted rate
Special thanks to our Host Committee and event underwriters:
Kathleen R. Coates
Julie Kuhlken and Fredrik Osterberg
Karen and Ernie Loeffler
The Washburne Family