GET TO KNOW THE PEOPLE
THAT KNOW THE MOVIES
Chad Mathews, Festival Director
Born and raised in Texas, Chad Mathews graduated from TCU with a Bachelor of Science in Radio, Television and Film. After working as an actor, screenwriter and producer in Los Angeles for nearly 15 years, Chad decided to move back to Austin to be closer to year-round HCFF operations.
Television acting credits include: 'The Wanda Sykes Show,' 'Profiler,' 'Fight or Die,' 'General Hospital,' and 'Sniper:Inside the Crosshairs.' Film credits include Deadland, Cowboy Smoke, The Hiding, 666: The Beast and Wesley Cash.
As a writer and producer, Chad has produced several short films and penned a number of feature length scripts. His short comedy Detention, filmed in Fredericksburg, is currently on the festival circuit and Where am I Texas was a finalist in the Texas Monthly Short Film Competition in the 2011 Austin Film Festival. Clones Gone Wild spent 2009 on the festival circuit, screening in over 30 festivals throughout North America, and received a number of awards and accolades.
"Having spent my childhood summers in the Hill Country of Texas, I've always had affection for Fredericksburg and its people. Bringing filmmakers and their projects to a place that I consider home, is a fantastic way for me to extend my love of both film and family."
Gary Weeks, Programming Director
Raised in Georgia, Gary has lived on both of coasts and has been a working actor and filmmaker for 15 years. Through many features and shorts that ran (and are running) the festival circuit, he has won over 30 awards for his work and learned first-hand what makes festivals fun and successful, as well as what mistakes are avoidable. From Sundance to the smallest regional festivals, his experience and love of festivals is what brought him on board for HCFF.
As an actor, Gary is credited with over 70 Film, TV, and Commercial appearances, including recently Identity Thief, The Spectacular Now, Zombie Apocalypse, and notable performances in Burn Notice, Parks and Recreation, The Walking Dead, and The Office. As a Producer, after successful runs with features 29 Reasons to Run and Deadland, his latest feature Meth Head is running festivals now andwill be releasing in 2014. As a writer, he has written more than a dozen feature screenplays and counting and a large collection of shorts, many of which have made their way to the screen.
"Since Chad and I both work in the industry, we know how tough a road it can be. We sought out to create a festival atmosphere where filmmakers get a chance to not only showcase their passion, but to encourage them, give them a chance to build lasting relationships, and really find an audience for their film."
- Amy Miskovsky | Festival Director
- Adam Boley | Event Photographer
- Natalie Burge | Design Director
- Harry Frishberg | Technical Director
- Max Frishberg | Technical Director
- Lee Higgins | Public Relations Director
- Rachel Higgins | Production Assistant
- Brad Kammlah | Event Host/Programmer
- John Lee | Marketing Director
- Juanita Lee | Marketing Project Manager
- Wade Lee | Hospitality Director
- Jill Rytie-Lutz | Programmer
- Mike Lutz | Programmer/Assistant D.O.O.
- Rebecca Marino | Event Photographer
- Jason Miskovsky | Director of Operations
- Matthew Morris | Web Designer
- Noelle Newby | Sponsorship Coordinator
- William F. Reed | Videographer
- April Soechting | Copywriter
- Steve Soechting | Production Assistant